Friday, April 22, 2011

Wrap yo head around this.

In case you've missed the memo, we are in a sort of 70's and 80's revival in terms of fashion as of late.  In the fashion world, we usually recycle time periods every so often, and it seems as though this spring is no different.  Being a child of the 80's, I am of course all for the bright color palate, higher waist bands, and wide legs this season.  FYI people, high-waisted does not mean "mom jean", and even though I'm a relatively new mom, you will certainly not see me in any style that could even loosely be related to this term  (although the high waist band is seriously a good investment for anyone trying to create a slimmer waistline, whether a child was involved or not).  

Like I said, I was a child of the 80's, and although I was much to young to truly embrace the 80's completely, my mother did take me to a Chaka Khan concert while I was still a bun in the oven, and now "I'm every woman", somehow mysteriously creeps into my head every now and then.  Thanks Mom.  Also, my Dad sheltered me from most popular music growing up, deeming it 'pagan music', so I was forced to resort to sneaking my mom's old records out and having solo dance parties.  The word 'pagan' has quite a few meanings nowadays, but I believe Rodney was referring to the secularization of America in this case.  He was probably right, music is a vulgar thing these days, but don't most of you just 'listen to the beat' anymore?  Anyway, even though I'll always be a daddy's girl at heart, Christian rock never satisfied my eardrums quite like I'd hoped, so 70's and 80's albums it was.  So now you know why I'm basically an expert on this culture.  And now my parents know why their record player no longer works and all of their records are scratched.

One of my favorite trends is all of the new headgear out there.  Who doesn't want to capture their forehead sweat this summer with a rockin' head wrap?  In all seriousness though, hats and headbands are super fun and a cute way to spice up any boring outfit.  More importantly, they scoured the runways this season and can be seen on various celebrities like Nicole Richie and the Kardashian Klan.  I carry both in the store, fun oversize hats of all kinds, and a variety of stretch knit headbands which I make myself.

 Below, you can find some images of the headbands I've been making for the store, and some pics on how to rock them for the fashionably handicapped. 






Have fun with the 80's this Spring!  Spice up your spring wardrobe with inexpensive accessories like these and show your inner 80's, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment