Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Wonderful World of Winter Accessories

Hey, the temperature has finally dropped!  Strangely enough, I rather enjoy the cold weather and the entire winter for that matter.  January is my birth month, after all (on a side note, I have been known give 15% discounts to customers that wish me happy birthday next week and I also accept gifts).  If only these temperatures would stick around and bring me enough snow to make for decent skiing conditions.  Well, since I’ve yet to worry about the color of my snow pants this winter, I’ve had plenty of time to consider more fashionable items, such as winter accessories!  As I may have antecedently stated, I have quite the appreciation for all things vintage, but above all have an admiration for vintage accessories.  I’ve compiled a list of my favorite vintage look accessories to get all of you summer lovers through these next few (hopefully) snow covered months that I love oh so much.  In fact, all of these items would look magnificent if worn together.  Happy online shopping!



  1. Oxblood faux fur stole, Dorothy Perkins, $28.00.  I would wear this over all of my cardigans and coats.  This hue would be absolutely stunning with nude and black shades.  A definite boost to any winter wardrobe, find it at www.dorothyperkins.com
  2. Gather Ye Rosebuds Ring, ModCloth, $12.99.  This vintage inspired ring is oversized but still delicate, and will surely remind you of summer! I’m dying to get it on my fingers.  Plus, the blue will pop against that oxblood stole.  Ring available at www.modcloth.com
  3. The Standard, Marc Jacobs, $1,295.  Ok, so this one is a bit of a stretch for most of our pockets these days, but it doesn’t make it any less desirable.  It’s easy to over-do it on the accessories when you have something as vibrant as an oxblood stole around your neck, so keeping a muted handbag will help to downplay the situation.  I love the combination of gold and gray and would love this bag even more.  Marc Jacobs Collection available at www.marcjacobs.com
  4. Embellished Leatherette Cuff, Forever 21, $8.80.  Yes, that’s probably more like it.  This cuff has vintage elements that are made a little more rock and roll by the leather cuff.  The perfect piece to take a vintage inspired look from too girly, to edgy.  Find this cuff at www.forever21.com and Forever 21 stores.
  5. Premium Abstract Leaf Necklace, Topshop, $90.  This art deco-ish necklace looks like it was practically made for number 4.  I love mixing jewelry in a variety of ways, but it’s always best to not be too matchy matchy (ie, if you purchase a matching earring/necklace set, never actually wear the pair together).  It looks less contrived and tons more fun to mix different pieces that aren’t packaged as a set.  Necklace available at www.topshop.com.
  6. Flower lace bralette, Honeydew Intimates, $32.  Wear this under your best silk top, or wear it like a camisole and let it peek out from under a v-neck sweater.  Just be sure to get the correct size (i.e. A small is not meant for a DD cup size.  Cover up.  Even those of you with no morals must know its cold outside).  Shop Honeydew intimates and more at www.madewell.com
  7. Two-Tone Circle Shades, Nasty Gal, $40.  I have been obsessed with two-tone sunglasses since I saw Nicole Richie sporting a serious pair of Chanel shades this summer.  These are just as fab (who am I kidding, they’re not even close to the originals, but they’re still pretty good) and a lot more pocket friendly.  Plus the wine color will look extra cool with your oxblood stole.  Find these two-tone shades in wine and black at www.nastygal.com.
  8. Faux Fur Turband, The Purple Zebra, $15.  I’m sure you’ve seen that the 1920’s style turbans have made a huge comeback as of late.  If you’re not up for the full turban hat, opt for a furry turban headband to keep your ears warm all winter long.  Plus, a little leopard print never hurt anyone.  Check out the Good+Pretty accessories at www.purplezebrashop.com or stop into The Purple Zebra for this turband and more!  
  9. Jenks Bootie, Vince Camuto, $159.  This round toe suede bootie is sleek and modern with its stiletto heel, but given a vintage detail with the tab and button closure.  These make me want to dress up in a lace dress and dance around in circles under a large willow tree.  Vince Camuto booties available at www.shoptheshoebox.com
  10. Tirelessly Tasteful Gloves, Modcloth, $59.99.  Last but not least, these elegant leather gloves are sure to give that wow statement to any ensemble.  The lipstick red color and the vintage inspired bows and cutouts will look so feminine and chic under any winter parka.  These remind me of a coveted pair of brown Driving Gloves my Aunt gave me years ago.  Gloves found at www.modcloth.com.


For more fashion wholesomeness, check out my store website at www.purplezebrashop.com and find The Purple Zebra on facebook.  Email me with column questions or suggestions at goodnpretty@gmail.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment